Home GS Three suspects arrested for botched liquidation that cost the pizzeria owner’s life

Three suspects arrested for botched liquidation that cost the pizzeria owner’s life

Police have arrested three “mockers” for observing the Montenegrin criminal Jovan Durovic in 2019 so that he could be liquidated in a pizzeria on Hugo de Grootplein. Durovic survived gunshot wounds to the abdomen on October 23, 2019, but restaurant owner Goran Savic was killed.

According to justice, the men observed restaurant La Piccola Baracca in the weeks before and on the day of the shooting to see if Durovic would show up there.

Phones purchased

They would have bought telephones for that job with which they kept in touch with each other.

The infamous Montenegrin is embroiled in a bloody underworld feud between different groups from the former Yugoslavia, which is now mainly fought in other European countries. That battle has already cost dozens of victims.

After it was revealed that Durovic was indeed a regular at the pizzeria, the trio reportedly reported the suspected hit man Cherif A. (42) and also gave him a phone and a firearm.

Signalement passed on

When Durovic was seen again in the restaurant in the afternoon of October 23, 2019, they would have passed this on to A., as well as his description, after which A. shot him.

Because Durovic unexpectedly counterattacked, the criminal survived the attack. The innocent Serbian-Amsterdam pizzeria owner, who had come to the aid of his customer, died on the spot from a gunshot wound to the neck. He was 49 years old.

Cherif A. has been detained for almost a year after he was arrested in the getaway car shortly after the shooting on the Admiraal de Ruijterweg. He wore the striking clothes like the shooter who according to the surveillance footage was wearing. In the car was the murder weapon that contained his DNA.

Investigation continued after A.

The investigation into the liquidation attempt continued.

The Montenegrin Dejan D. (29) appears to have been arrested on July 9 in a house in Amsterdam, Eyüp T. (35) and Denzel V. (23) were arrested in and at their homes in Amsterdam and IJmuiden in the following days.

They are charged with “co-committing” the murder of Savic and the attempted murder of Durovic.

New liquidations

The underworld conflict in which Durovic is involved has, according to Montenegrin media, led to a series of new liquidations after the attack in Amsterdam. In total, more than fifty people would have died. Durovic is also said to have been attacked again, which he survived again.

Cherif A. has already indignantly sworn to the court at several hearings that he is not aware of any harm. He says two men borrowed his car, one of whom must have gone on shooting disguised in his striking clothes that were in the car. After he got his car back, he was said to have put on those clothes again unsuspectingly to exercise, after which he was arrested.

New evidence

Justice sees new evidence in contacts between the three new suspects and A.

The court ordered a psychological and psychiatric examination before bringing him to trial.

In Amstelveen, A. had a home business in maintenance and business services in Amstelveen, for which he “supervised projects worldwide”. He had previously been convicted of violence, but that had to do with a fighting divorce that, according to him, had ended up in a depression. He says he would “kill less than a billion” for money.

Client (s)

The three suspected “mockers” will appear in court for the first time next week at an initial preliminary hearing. It is still unclear whether and to what extent the criminal investigation department has also gained insight into the possible client (s) for the liquidation of Durovic.

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here