5 April 2020, Sunday
6 C
Amsterdam

Room misinformed about death toll in attack on Hawija

Unlike minister Ank Bijleveld (Defense) before the Lower House said the United States is indeed assumed that the Dutch air raid in Hawija seventy civilian deaths. The minister acknowledged in a letter sent Tuesday to the Chamber about having misinformed.

Unlike minister Ank Bijleveld (Defense) before the Lower House said the United States is indeed assumed that the Dutch air raid in Hawija seventy civilian deaths. The minister acknowledged in a letter sent Tuesday to the Chamber about having misinformed.

Bijleveld had in December last year during a parliamentary debate that the Americans have not counted the civilian victims of Hawija in their statistics.

According to the minister was out inquiries with CENTCOM, where civilian deaths are recorded, revealed that the US had not counted the victims of the attack in Hawija. CENTCOM would Defense reported that “Hawija” was not included in the total because it was the Dutch attack killed an unconfirmed number.

After the debate is still going Bijleveld check with the Americans, they wrote in the letter. This shows that the US Secretary of Defense had reported her to the victim as a result of the Dutch bombardment yet been counted.

Bijleveld regrets incomplete information

Bijleveld: “I regret that this information differs from the information previously received from CENTCOM,” she writes. “Because now that the attack in Hawija be part of the total number and the chart. I came from the information I received through official channels of CENTCOM.”

The parliament called Bijleveld several times to the House for an explanation of the raid on Hawija. Research by NRC and NOS showed that in Dutch air strikes in Iraq civilian deaths which, despite repeated requests from the House for clarification, are not made public.

Bijleveld endured before a confidence vote and there was criticism of Prime Minister Mark Rutte, who said not to remember to be informed about the number of civilian deaths. If there were civilian casualties, as was the premier “irrelevant” to extend the mission in Iraq.

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.

Weekly Trending Posts

Channing Tatum and again apart Jessie J

Jessie J and Channing Tatum, which in January announced were back to be with each other again, now have nevertheless put an end to their relationship. That report different American sources, including People.

Pokemon Go allows players from home raid during outbreak

Pokemon Go players do not go out together to raid during the corona crisis. The game will soon feature work from home.

Substantial increase Internet use, but no reason to panic

Because almost everyone asked is home to work by the government and children can not attend school, the Internet has increased sharply. Monday, providers saw a big peak.

Latest Posts

Van Haarlem goes shopping for raid: trace offenders

A Jumbo supermarket in Haarlem has been early morning target of a ram raid. A white Volkswagen van drove for opening the shutter to smithereens, and then turned the supermarket. The two perpetrators have run away with an unknown prey.

Two missing members Kennedy family supposedly died in canoe

In the United States, two members of the Kennedy family missing after a canoe trip. This was announced by the authorities in the US state of Maryland on Friday. According to a statement Friday from the mother and grandmother of the missing are probably the two deceased. It is yet another tragedy in the illustrious Kennedy political race.

Homes evacuated after a chimney fire in the Clercqstraat

Because of a chimney fire in the Clerqstraat Haarlem had to be evacuated several homes Friday. Nobody was injured in the fire.