2 April 2020, Thursday
6 C
Amsterdam

Farming during dry in 2018 used more water than previous year

The agriculture in the dry year 2018 two and a half times as much water as in the previous year, which according to figures from the Central Bureau for Statistics (CBS).

The agriculture in the dry year 2018 two and a half times as much water as in the previous year, which according to figures from the Central Bureau for Statistics (CBS).

Agriculture in 2018 used a total of 302 million cubic meters, an increase of 150 percent to 120 million cubic meters in 2017. croplands and grasslands were irrigated more often than in previous years. Agriculture, accounting for one third of the water used, needed four times more water than in 2017.

Half of it was used by the livestock water or used in agriculture. 78 percent thereof, for the irrigation of grassland, the remaining 22 percent of drinking water for the cattle.

The water consumption of households was relatively high in the dry and warm year 2018. On average, the Dutchman used 133 liters per person per day, a year earlier was still 125 liters. Incidentally, the water consumption has fallen steadily over the last twenty years, including through the use of more fuel-efficient washing machines and dishwashers and rinse breakers in toilets.

In 2018 fell nationwide average of only 675 millimeters of rainfall, normal is 847 millimeters.

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.

Weekly Trending Posts

Corona Control: 90% wages paid, including pensions and holidays

Businesspeople sitting there anxiously for days waiting for more clarity on the NOW, the Temporary Emergency Measures Bridging for Preservation of Employment. Minister Wouter Koolmees has just announced the details of the arrangement. We put them here one by one.

Iconic KLM Boeing 747 landing Sunday last at Schiphol

KLM increases due to the corona crisis earlier departure of the Boeing 747, which is also known by enthusiasts the "Queen of the Skies". Sunday March 29 this type of device lands last employed by KLM at Schiphol.

Six arrests after violent house robbery in Rijnsburg

Four to six masked persons Saturday raided a house in Rijnsburg. Here she wounded a 35-year-old man. Police have arrested six suspects.

Latest Posts

Void corona: wild goats conquer village in Wales

Where people should stay inside by the coronavirus, taking the world of animals in some places the abandoned space. Similarly, in the town of Llandudno in Wales. Wild goats look their chance to properly explore things up.

Fire in garage in Rotterdam dozen homes evacuated

In a parking garage Vuurplaat in Rotterdam on Thursday morning four cars been on fire. The fire is now under control, reports Rijnmond Safety.

“Belgium chops decision: end competition, Club Brugge champion ‘

The corona crisis, nearly all European leagues still. The debate now is whether there is play football has to be in the summer months. In Belgium they seem finally to stop the season 2019-2020.